Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Samantha

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Samantha » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Indeed from what is in the comic so far we don't even know for sure if the marine that they shot is a jack. Whisper referred to to the lobster as an it and presumably part of their struggle was wireless electronic, where she would be able to recognize a jack. On the other hand Whisper doesn't have a high opinion of humanity and an marine cyborg probably won't pass Florence Ambrose's definition of human (ie doesn't wear clothes). On the gripping hand Whisper was able to download the memories of the first jack and if it interacted with a fair number of marines and all of those were jacks then it would be fair to assume the entire force of marines are, however in none of the scenes drawn dose whisper say so. :geek:

Vile

Post by Vile » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Alvarin wrote:How did Kari descide that ALL marines are Jaks?
Well, you know, she has been known to jump to conclusions from time to time (I think). And she's trying to convince Bob, so a bit of hyperbole is appropriate to the situation. Of course, if marines are all JAKs, that would explain why there are so few of them. But I would have thought that someone would have noticed before now, there being a war on an' all, unless this is a fairly recent development. In that case, I'd guess that particular marine units would either be all-JAK or all-human, because it would be pretty difficult to keep that secret in the showers ... :lol:

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Keep in mind that the Super Solider Act makes it illegal for any military unit with more than 40% augmented body-mass to be deployed in acts of aggression. The primary responsibility of the Marine is defense against boarding actions. As such, the likelihood of the anyone capturing a Marine, alive or dead, is extremely low.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Kari has a bit more experience with the marines than we do. So she should be basing it more of that and the recent discovery. As for the blood, that might be relative to how long the jak has been a jak, and I doubt that if the RASF was using jaks so commonly that they would let something like the color of blood give it away. Where as the first jak we encountered was never meant to conceal that it is was a jak.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Ad. current page: it would be really interesting if that dead marine was a normal human, but Whisper just lied to quickly close the matter and not to keep Kari in the team.
Not knowing whom to trust...
I can image such scenario, although I don't know if it would be good for the story.

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:54 am

David wrote:Keep in mind that the Super Solider Act makes it illegal for any military unit with more than 40% augmented body-mass to be deployed in acts of aggression...
That rule would not preclude "replacing" the cerebral cortex (a very chilling thought).

I liked Whisper's term for Bob: "bright eyes".

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

spacebender wrote:
David wrote:Keep in mind that the Super Solider Act makes it illegal for any military unit with more than 40% augmented body-mass to be deployed in acts of aggression...
That rule would not preclude "replacing" the cerebral cortex (a very chilling thought).
That's what the "Higher-thinking Augmentation Act" is for.

Further reading:
http://www.davidcsimon.com/crimsondark/ ... rip_id=338

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:39 am

That local omnipotence really gets into Sarah's head...

CorsairX

Post by CorsairX » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm

I like Daniel. He's feisty.

noneed

Post by noneed » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

They don't need to steal a ship, they just need to persued the station it is in their best interest to give them one instead of having her pissed and in total control of the station.