Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
cbhacking

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by cbhacking » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Love the new page, both using the gravity plating as a disabling technique and the artistic rendering of what happens to the hapless guard. The fire tones on the room (and the shadow he casts against the ceiling) are great as well.

Minor nitpick though: 9.8 m/(s^2), not 9.8G. The latter would be... painful, until you lost consciousness.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:25 pm

cbhacking wrote: Minor nitpick though: 9.8 m/(s^2), not 9.8G. The latter would be... painful, until you lost consciousness.
Fixed.

This is what happens when I can't decide the best unit of measurement to use - I end up using a hybrid of the two.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Dropping a guy who's holding a gun and might have his finger on the trigger like that could be risky. But I'd have felt inclined to bounce him up and down a few times. Just to be sure. And chin-straps are apparently a lost technology in the future. :)

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:08 am

I don't really think I like where this is going - character too powerful. Than again, it might be on purpose, to get them complacent. And, probably, when they're off the station the omnipotence will fade.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 am

I don't really think I like where this is going - character too powerful.
Indeed, at this point Sarah should be able to learn the position of all marines on the station (not only those which she can see by her own eyes) and kill them in this or other way.

Draelun

Post by Draelun » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 pm

This is what happens when I can't decide the best unit of measurement to use - I end up using a hybrid of the two.
Well NASA made that mistake too so you are in good company - and their space ship crashed but you could fix yours.

To be pedantic (or just plain obsessive) I also feel I should mention that G is the gravitational constant of the Universe; g is acceleration due to gravity on Earth. :geek: .

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:10 pm

While she might have full control on the station right now, there is nothing to say that they can not get it back or shut her link down with a portable jamming field. Being a military installation as well there has to be docked military ships which she should not be able to control. Not to mention that they want to escape the station, and their primary means of escape ran off! So the immediate problem has been fixed, but unless she can take the station into hyper to Golgotha and exchange it for the price on their head... Which is probably going to be ongoing problem even after the death mark has expired.

Anyone have a clue how long should be left on that about now? I figure it should be somewhat close to ending, or at least halfway.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Woah... wait... all the marines? I didn't catch that on the Prospero.
Some pithy statement goes here.

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 pm

How did Kari descide that ALL marines are Jaks? They only met one before this firefight. In addition, when Wisper ripped Jak's throat, the "blood" was orange, on this one - clearly red. I kind of prophetize one of the next panels will be Kari checking what's under the Marine helmet...

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Dhraakellian wrote:Woah... wait... all the marines? I didn't catch that on the Prospero.
Beat me with the question by several minutes :)