Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Dhraakellian » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 pm

I'd make the obligatory "I KNEW it!" post, but David ever so kindly stole my thunder on that.

Instead, I shall merely do a little victory dance. :D

So... implications, anyone?

I'm seeing intrigue and fuel for conspiracy theories.
Some pithy statement goes here.

Tall

Post by Tall » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Even though the answer has already been given (& confirmed as correct), it reminded me of the Red Dwaarf episode where Kryten asks the titular bad-guy "Excuse me. Could I possibly distract you for just a brief second?". There should be more Red Dwarf quotes in life.

Anyway, that was wrong, so I'm not sure why I bothered posting it...

Goran Thrax

Post by Goran Thrax » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:28 am

Ah, it's a shame the answer was already given, for you see, you also happened to directly quote one of my all-time favourite classic comedies, Get Smart. "You see, I'm a spy." Is said by Maxwell, on more than one occasion to civilians, and even agents of CHAOS, as an attempt to excuse whatever outlandish activity he was just engaged in.

I registered, just to share that.

Goran Thrax

Vile

Post by Vile » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 pm

This demonstrates yet another good reason for Kari to walk around barefoot (and Whisper, sort of). Guards can't hear you sneaking up from behind, because they're used to listening out for insurgents in clunky boots.

Some Useless Geek

Post by Some Useless Geek » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 am

[comment deleted]
Last edited by Some Useless Geek on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMrLee

Post by TheMrLee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 am

Expecting a weekly-published webcomic to be entirely logically consistent is absurd, particularly in a universe where technology has so much potential to eliminate humans as actors. You can pick: consistent, irrefutable logic or compelling story. You can't pick both consistently with this publishing schedule.

Draelun

Post by Draelun » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:36 pm

I think that some Useless Geek and TheMrLee have missed the point. It is David's world and he understands that world much more than we do. He's been creating it over many years. This is neither a failure on his part nor an accidental bit of illogic, it is an accurate understanding of the variety of guards available on stations. :)

manda314

Post by manda314 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

David. Dude. Since I suddenly discovered I had Asperger's Syndrome two months ago I've been going around saying, 'I bet that person has aspergers' about everyone. When you said a month or so ago 'People confuse me' I was like, HE HAS ASPERGERS SYNDROME!. But then I didn't believe myself. Also, your comic is full of non-theatrically emotional characters which I love. So anyways, I thought that was neato. Had to register just to say. Bye.

Some Useless Geek

Post by Some Useless Geek » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:49 am

[comment deleted]
Last edited by Some Useless Geek on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:33 am

At the risk of drawing this argument out uneccessarily, please do remember that this story is set sometime in the future, right. I'm not sure when, (forgive my memory), but let's say 300 years, give or take. Ok, Now think about a person in the 17th century complaining about the fact that things in the 20th and 21st "don't make sense" according to his/her understanding of things in the 17th.

Now David knows about how his tech works in future. You, perhaps, are inferring what you think 'should' happen. hmmm... Just something to consider, maybe. or not. Whatever you think you should do. ;)