Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
CygnusX1

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by CygnusX1 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:03 am

Just to add... I don't belive that there is a dependency that cannot be replaced.
Comparing to present-day Earth. What would happen if, say, whole Internet just went down and it was not possible to bring it back up for some reason. We are so dependent on it... but yet, I believe, people would just adapt. There would be some turmoil, for sure, but we would re-learn how to live without it, and later - how to replace it with something else.

In CD universe - controllers would have to be replaced. Perhaps with some bureaucratic army of non-augmented humans. It would be less efficient for sure, but it would still work.
Or maybe, planets would have to live in isolation for a while. But that would work too, really! Earth lived in isolation for centuries... ;)

Juzbunny

Post by Juzbunny » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Lovely work!

Always really appreciating your style. Also, I think we might be neighbours! Drop me a line if you'd like socially distanced contact.

Cheers,

Justin Semmel

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Great art on your book!
For me, however, spaceships beat dragons. Especially when they are well rooted in science, or at least - there is a well defined, coherent pseudoscience that the ship design follow.

bobismeisbob

Post by bobismeisbob » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:11 am

Is Drace Talker a remake of The Fires of Caldarus? I really enjoyed that and was waiting for more :)

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Bob is about to pull a Sarah while he's examining the data. Clever, Wisdom, but you're dealing with Whisper. You're not clever enough.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:29 pm

Being on a collision course is always difficult to deal with. Even if you take down the ship, there will be a big pile of junk that is still on that same collision course.... Inertia will do the rest.
And the station probably does not have enough thrust to dodge the bullet...

LeonT

Post by LeonT » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:17 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:29 pm
Being on a collision course is always difficult to deal with. Even if you take down the ship, there will be a big pile of junk that is still on that same collision course.... Inertia will do the rest.
And the station probably does not have enough thrust to dodge the bullet...
Unless the captain of that tempest understands suicidal physics

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:02 am

LeonT wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:17 am
Isn't the captain of that tempest out of air?

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:44 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:03 am
What would happen if, say, whole Internet just went down and it was not possible to bring it back up for some reason. We are so dependent on it... but yet, I believe, people would just adapt.
Did you have to make this personal? I have no internet until after midnight, when my 4g phone becomes barely usable, and I'm not saying I'm slowly going insane, but it's probably a good thing that I don't have access to all of the world's nuclear launch codes right now.
Juzbunny wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:36 pm
I think we might be neighbours! Drop me a line if you'd like socially distanced contact.
Are you also in the abyssal dead-zone that is Bowen Mountain, or are you abyss-adjacent? Are our nightmarish howls bothering you?
bobismeisbob wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:11 am
Is Drace Talker a remake of The Fires of Caldarus? I really enjoyed that and was waiting for more :)
It is a rewrite of said book, and a significant improvement. Book 2 is happening, but slowly, and I want to get the audiobook for the first one story done ASAP. It turns out that producing, directing, recording, and editing your own full-length audio book from home is a *lot* of work.

Thanks for your comments all, I do read everything that gets posted here and it helps, especially after a rough day in a week week in a rough month in a rough year.

On that ^ note, I'm going to put up a pretty render for tomorrow's update instead of a new page, because it's 1:30am, I'm tired, I'm hayfeverish, I'm grumpy, and my bed's right over there...

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:13 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:02 am
LeonT wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:17 am
Isn't the captain of that tempest out of air?
It's the Vorstok on a collision course that's out of air - I'm guessing the Controller is driving now. I think LeonT is suggesting the Tempest could ram the Vorstok out of the way. It would suck for the Tempest, but in a collision between a battleship and a destroyer I'd bet on the battleship.

(However, the Vorstok is pretty big for a "destroyer" - big enough to be used as a flagship of a battle group - so I don't know if CD's ship classes mean the same things they do in a real navy.)