Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
NefariousDrO

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by NefariousDrO » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:04 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:40 pm
NefariousDrO wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 am
We previously saw them pulse their reactor to send a basic signal. It wouldn't be very secure, but then the goal is to spread the information as wide as possible.
I think simple text messages via EPC is not the most convenient way for a serious communication where you want to convince someone of something. Especially if it involves potentially betraying your own commander...
Yes, but it could be used to coordinate establishing a tightbeam communication?

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm

I see one of three reactions from Bob after this. Either he joins Kari's side and helps, says he's an ally to the Collective and the heroes will get wrecked... or is the Mazikeen himself, undetectable or something.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm
I see one of three reactions from Bob after this. Either he joins Kari's side and helps, says he's an ally to the Collective and the heroes will get wrecked... or is the Mazikeen himself, undetectable or something.
I don't think he is going to trust Kari just like that. He may want to analyze the neural blocks for himself first, at least.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:26 am

I'm guessing that getting Bob to personally analyze the data blocks would take more time than they want - it would be too easy otherwise. But they don't have much other solid evidence - only their personal testimony. I wonder if Whisper can do a "My brain is admissible as evidence" thing, like Robocop?

Side note: I'm kinda amused by how the railings in the command center come and go depending on if it would look better for someone to be sitting on the walkway or leaning on it.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 am

"convince me quickly"

Seems like her best gambit then is to give him the names and professions of the bombers who started the whole thing.
Then if there's time describe Sarah's attempted upload of the Mazikeen into their ship's computers, and her subsequent collapse and huge memory gaps, etc.

Iklawa

Post by Iklawa » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:25 pm

A certain amount of paranoia is a useful asset or an acquired skill for a competent, security conscious, systems administrator.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Iklawa wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:25 pm
A certain amount of paranoia is a useful asset or an acquired skill for a competent, security conscious, systems administrator.
Yeah. That's why I think he is good at his job.

What will be next? I have no idea.
But I think the last page of the chapter (or next chapter) will read: "Kari, the hero of the Espenson Station" ;)

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Aw hell. I was right, wasn't I. Bob's the Mazikeen. Hiding in plain sight while everyone searches the weave for something that isn't there.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:31 pm
Aw hell. I was right, wasn't I. Bob's the Mazikeen. Hiding in plain sight while everyone searches the weave for something that isn't there.
I don't think it's him.
Could be mistaken though...

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 pm

The station probably has more than one controller (so they can work in shifts). So just because Bob is clean doesn't mean that the station is free of the Mazikeen.