take your time

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
metis

take your time

Post by metis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:52 am

life can be hectic, but you seem committed to restarting the comic when you can breathe, and if you burn out and stress out it'll no longer be fun, but a chore. i for one would rather see you get through school, stressful as that is enjoying yourself, and work on the comic when you have time, than keep an artificial schedule. habit, and deadlines are important and critical, but remember that you need to breathe too.

Sarkus

Re: take your time

Post by Sarkus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 am

Yeah David, take your time.

That said, I do think you should avoid including comments about LAN parties and Warhammer Online time now that you've put the comic on hiatus. You have every right to decide how to use your limited time outside of school obligations, but if you still have time for other things like that, it does suggest that maybe CD has become more work then play for you.

Just a comment from a long-time reader.

;)

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Sarkus wrote:it does suggest that maybe CD has become more work then play for you.
Oh it became that a *long* time ago.

Aulviss

Post by Aulviss » Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 am

School is important, so take your time. I think we all appreciate that you're willing to continue the story. I for one have no problems waiting to see this very excellent story continue.\

As a side note, what program do you use to make the stellar map?

altasilvapuer

Post by altasilvapuer » Sat May 16, 2009 10:51 pm

I came across this in my webcomic surfing today, and thought it might be appropriate and applicable, both to David and the rest of us:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/e ... ssues.html

David, if/when you choose to continue the story, I will still be here waiting. And if you decide that the project takes from you more than you can give, then I will understand that, too, and content myself with what is, rather than focusing on what could have been, but is not. We have all been so unequivocally blessed to have received even as much of the comic as we have, and in the end, that's all that really matters in the world.

Cheers,
-asp
I am me; I am I.
I am alive; I am existent.
I am sentient; I am human.
I am separated; I am amalgamated.
I alone am me, but I, too, am others.
I am but me, alone with everyone together.
I am I; I am me.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sun May 17, 2009 2:24 pm

altasilvapuer wrote:I came across this in my webcomic surfing today, and thought it might be appropriate and applicable, both to David and the rest of us:
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/e ... ssues.html
My respect for Neil Gaiman continues to rise.
Aulviss wrote:As a side note, what program do you use to make the stellar map?
Illustrator mainly, with one of my stock starfields dropped on in Photoshop.