Page of 9 March 2009 'Let there be light'

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
skythorn

Page of 9 March 2009 'Let there be light'

Post by skythorn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Thought i'd post a bit of a detail comment and question to this page.

Playhouse Ship

The ship is a playhouse ship - what a cool yet bizzare idea - to hold plays in space for desperate remote citizens does make sense, but it's not exactly a grand money maker. We have rarely seen Thespian activities in most SF actions so seeing it here remindS me of a story in an anthology of soap opera science fiction from 2 years ago where a Shakespearian theatre company was being established in Mars, and that introduction to Harry Mudd in Start Trek land which was a playright thingamajig. Whisper herself quotes in Thespian styles, as is the appearance of the ship itself.

I like the appearance of the new ship - obviously you had a lot of fun in making the ship a theatre place - such a cavernous introduction space. I wonder if it is real or illusory - such height in a spaceship presumes the use of a lot of metal and physical resources to maintain such a space.

Holograms

How do holograms work - only flicker people like Senator Palapetine style in Star Wars as we saw 2 comics ago, or you can do a more realistic semi solid style stuff ... curious. I hope the size of the ship interior is real. I have reservations on holograms. I find the "you-thought-it-was-real-but-actually-it-was-all-Holograms" trickery is a nasty plot hole cover-up device.

Plot Context

Pirates, wars, aliens, missing sister, gravitational anomolies and now theatre folks in a frontline war environment? Crazy mon! I'm struggling to fit the pieces together. I like that! I think its a TRAP TRAP TRAP but I have no idea what type of trap.

The Chekov Gun started here IMO Comic260

I hope this plot path illustrates that people, no matter what the technical level, still respond to people in person to participate in group activities like watching archetype plays of our ancient history. Even if they are love struck cyborgs or plugged into a planetary management system.

:sky

neutral stalker

Re: Page of 9 March 2009 'Let there be light'

Post by neutral stalker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 am

turn off your cell phones please. :)
For the greater good.

sherinik

Post by sherinik » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:03 am

Shouldn't that be "Turn off your communicators please"? With a quick wave of the hand over the badge?

neutral stalker

Post by neutral stalker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 pm

nice. :)
and completely accurate.
what about cybernetic implants that are powered by the electricity of the brain... those too?
cell phones sounds funnier considering the differences between the CD universe and our current culture.
beeoo.
For the greater good.